13262538

my ex husband wants to take my 12 year old to america to live

Customer Question

my ex husband wants to take my 12 year old to america to live with him and his new wife , my daughter has lived with me since we seperated over 5 years ago , can he do this even if she wants to go ??
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you
Your ex will need either your agreement or an order from the court in order to remove the child from the Uk permanently.
Obviously if he does apply to the court then the wises of a 12 year old will be of great importance HOWEVER the court is well aware that however exciting and golden such a move appears to a 12 year old the reality my well be very different.
With that in mind you may with to negotiate with your ex first with regard to ways of having a "trial run" to see if this is really what she wants.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details - and if you do could you let me know how long your ex has lived in the States
Claire