Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

hi my ex wife got a full and final settlement in 2006 and now

Customer Question

hi my ex wife got a full and final settlement in 2006 and now shes asking for more money and threatning going to the CSA for more money and if i dont give in she will not let me see the 2 kids .I have a court order to see the kids 2 days a week. Can she do this ?.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are we talking about child maintenance - if so what are you currently paying under the terms of the order?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi i paid a full and final divorce settlement with no extra child maintanance. my ex now is asking for money for the children but their was no order made for any maintenance just the lump sum when divorced, so at present i dont give her money but buy the children clothes ipads laptops phones etc hope this helps thank you

How old are the children?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

children are 11 and 14 is the answer

I am afraid that you are still liable for Child maintenance (as your lawyer should have told you at the time of the settlement)
As a rough guide you will pay 20% of your net income - a little less if you have the children more than 52 nights a year
You can do a more accurate assessment here
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
Of course then you may not be able to but the other items - something your ex will have to consider.
However whether you pay or not is for the CSA to deal with she cannot stop your contact - and if she tries you can apply to the court to enforce the order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.