James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have been living at my mothers house since leaving the marital

Customer Question

I have been living at my mothers house since leaving the marital home (mutual consent after irreversible break down of relationship) 3 months ago.My wife is constantly using the children as blackmail.I pay the mortgage and have paid her 450 per month for the children s support. I had arranged to go and pick up my children tomorrow for a day out.She has phoned and told me that I am not allowed (she will not allow) to see the children ever again and must not come to the house. There has been no court or even solicitor involvement (with the exception of this e-mail).Apparently she is being advised by her mother.....(a barrack-room lawyer?) please advise me as to my rights and actions to take if she continues to refuse access to children or house.
thank you.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.