James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My grandson who i have a residency order on as stayed with

Customer Question

My grandson who i have a residency order on as stayed with his dad this last 5 weeks due to religious occassions, he has now said he would like to overturn the residency order in his favour due to my circumstances changing, he seems to think he can just apply to the court and social care. caffcass want be involved, and its easy as that,
my grandson is 5 yrs old and has legally lived with me since he was 20 months old and from a baby on and off before then, as much as i feel they can offer him certain aspects i cant as my health is no longer good and my doctor as told me he would not be able to support me in another court case to bring a 5 yr old up, i do not want to risk him being put up for adoption as that were we would have ended up years ago if i had not fought for him, can he not just reside with his dad and his paternal family without it going back to court, and could the enrol him into a school there if they have my permission to do so
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information fist.
Why was the child placed with you - and do I understand that in fact you are happy for him to live with his father?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire

my grandson was placed with me as the relationship between his mother and father was volatile and his mother couldnt put him 1st, so then social care started legal proceedings, i had to fight all the way for him to come to me as the social wanted him in foster care then adoption, his paternal side tried to get him to live with them but the social rejected them but issued a contact order for his paternal grandmother, and that is currently where he is in his grandmothers house with his dad, he seems extremely happy there and there is alot more people to love and care for him there, as im on my own here as my husband works away now,

if they can give him the care and love that i would and my grandson wishes it to be the case then i wont stand in the way, i just dont want him put at risk

Have you discussed this with his father at all?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my grandsons father is the one that suggested overturning the residential order in his favour, and said its just a matter of me sighning a paper, i dont belive this, and have suggested that i cant see why he cannot stay there with my permission

sue

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.