Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have currently separated from my partner of 4 years. When

Customer Question

I have currently separated from my partner of 4 years. When we lived together our agreement was i paid the rent and bills and he paid for luxuries (holidays, clothes etc) In the time we were together he built up quite some money due to shares being received and wages. I also had some money through redundancy and took a a career break but as i thought he was saving for our future i said i would still pay for the house. My upset is that he met me minus in his account, went through a divorce and gifted all to his ex wife, now built up money and gone back to his ex wife. Do i have any claim?
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity can you confirm that you do not own a property together and that there are no accounts held in joint names
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Claire

We did not own the property we just rented. No joint bank accounts now. He did have an account where i had a card this was only active from Feb to May this year, this account was for general spends only not the bills. All bills and rent came out of my bank account.

Kerry

Hi Kerry
I am so very sorry but there is no financial claim that you can make against your former partner as you were not married
I wish this was not the case but sadly it is
Please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.