13262538

hi thanks for reply would it be advisable to tell csa or seek

Customer Question

hi thanks for reply would it be advisable to tell csa or seek further advise before, as they insist I pay and they have made a detachment of earnings which they made to pay what I owed my ex which I have done in full and now they say I owe 15,600 in benefits she was paid. many thanks
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you
The CSA cannot collect arrears of DWP benefits at all.
What specifically does the letter say?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi this is nigel thank you for your reply I was on the phone to the csa regarding payments to my ex why she was not receiving it was then they told me that money owed to my ex was payed in full when I asked were the payments I had made went they said there paying back her benefits she received.many thanks

Hi Nigel
So you are paying the correct CSA maintenance due for your children however they are not passing it on to your ex because she was over paid benefits is that correct?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Claire

yes I have finished paying what was owed in full and now they say I must repay what she got in benefits.and as they put a deductions of earnings they are continuing to collect .

nigel

Do you mean that you have been paying arrears?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes was paying arrears to my ex wife which is paid in full now it is what they now say I owe the government nigel

How much were the arrears in Total that you were ordered to pay?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

25 and a half thousaud in total. paid 11.386.83 over 21 months already and detachments of earnings they did it through my wages taking 542.23 in total each month out of my wages they are still taking that out next month and ongoing till I paid the government back through benefits she was claiming nigel

Hi Nigel
I can see where the confusion has arisen
I am afraid that you are not repaying an overpayment of her benefits at all.
You are still paying arrears of the maintenance which you should have paid - but which were replaced by benefits because you failed to pay when you should have done.
They are still due from you and you will have you continue paying until the full amount has been cleared
I am sorry to give you such bad news
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for clearing that matter up thank you for your help kind regards nigel

You are welcome - sorry that it was bad news
Claire