13262538

Does a divorced father have to contribute money when the child

Customer Question

Does a divorced father have to contribute money when the child is over 18 and still in full time education?
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is payment made via the CSA or a Court Order?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was initially a court order then because the father just paid what he wanted to it was put in the hands of CSA to take the money from his wages. He still did not pay what they said he had to £100 short each month and now I believe the outstanding amount will be collected - not sure how long that will take. But the eldest child has now left school thisJuly and starts University on the 21st September and now the small amount he did pay has stopped for the 18 year old - and wondered if the Father should contribute some money to help with cost of his maintenance.

Just to check - the payment is via the CSA and the child in question is now 18 and about to go to University.
Is this correct?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is the situation.

In that case unless there are arrears to be repaid the last payment will be the September payment
The child him or her self can make a Court Application for support whilst at University - but there is no guarantee of Success
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire