13262538

hi,I live with my husband and two kids in our house but

Customer Question

hi, I live with my husband and two kids in our house but the house is just in my husbands name he is trying to tell me that I will not get the house when we split up because its in his name I believe there is a form I can fill in to put my name on the registry so he cant sell it with out me

My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you.
Your husband is wrong - you have an absolute right to remain in the property so long as you are married, you have a clear financial claim on the property - and in the event of a separation if the children are with you then it is likely that it is you who will remain in the property.
If you are concerned that he may try and sell or mortgage the property without your knowledge in the meantime then it is a good idea to Register your rights at the Land Registry using this form
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/HR1.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire