How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

My wife and I are planning to divorce soon. We want to ensure

Customer Question

My wife and I are planning to divorce soon. We want to ensure however that any residential property owned by either of us passes completely to the surviving partner in the event of the death of the other. Can we make a will/s confirming this and can they be irrevocable ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you referring to properties held in your sole names or in joint names
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The two properties concerned will be in my soon to be ex-wife's sole name.i am trying to ensure that in the event that she per decreases me the properties will revert to me and that neither can be mortgaged , sold or let without my agreement. Should my agreement be sought for one of those eventualities I would want the original terms to apply to any substituted property.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
is this part of a Matrimonial Settlement?