How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband has 2 children with someone else while married to

Customer Question

My husband has 2 children with someone else while married to me. We have a will and our children are named in a will. What are the other 2 entitled to?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and does your husband pay maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One is 6 and the other is 6 months. He paid 15,000 and pays 433 monthly for the first child. The mother hasnt asked for maintenance for the other.I don't know if I attend to stay with my husband. The will was done early this year and only mentions my 2. Are they entilited to anything?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Yes both of this infant children have a potential claim on your husband's estate since they are clearly financially dependent on him.
If no provision is made for them with his Will their mother can make a claim on their behalf under the Inheritance (provision for family and dependants) act
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this for the rest of their life or until they are 18?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
For so long as they are financially dependent so 18 unless they are still in Secondary education then

Related Family Law Questions