13262538

My husband has 2 children with someone else while married to

Customer Question

My husband has 2 children with someone else while married to me. We have a will and our children are named in a will. What are the other 2 entitled to?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and does your husband pay maintenance?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One is 6 and the other is 6 months. He paid 15,000 and pays 433 monthly for the first child. The mother hasnt asked for maintenance for the other.I don't know if I attend to stay with my husband. The will was done early this year and only mentions my 2. Are they entilited to anything?
Yes both of this infant children have a potential claim on your husband's estate since they are clearly financially dependent on him.
If no provision is made for them with his Will their mother can make a claim on their behalf under the Inheritance (provision for family and dependants) act
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this for the rest of their life or until they are 18?
For so long as they are financially dependent so 18 unless they are still in Secondary education then
Claire