Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband left me to move to another country I only found

Customer Question

My husband left me to move to another country I only found out recently it was because he had another woman who is now pregant he lied all the time that nobody else was involved. We decided to sell the house which I bought when he made his decision to leave we made an agreement that I would buy myself somewhere else to live & he would have the remainder. This has been the same till a few days ago now he's been awkward & this is due to his new girl friend being pregnant & me finding out that he left for her & not the reasons he gave. We were together 22 years & him leaving was a total shock & we've stayed friends & in touch but it's all changed because of her being pregnant & now said he wants half the house. I'm not sure where my rights are & should I get the original agreement drawn up?
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage.
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Claire