13262538

Can my ex jus come and take my 8 year old son to visit his

Customer Question

Can my ex jus come and take my 8 year old son to visit his parents against my wishes. We are unmarried and as he is named on certificate he will hav pr. I dont mind him meeting children in public place but incident with grandparents neighbour create bad atmosphere. Sometimes she jus stands there scowling or makes comments as my ex and her daughter sex text for while etcshe wants them have a relationship!!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How often does your ex see the child?
What risk is there to the child in visiting the grandparents?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My ex until recently has been visiting everyday but I have no problems with him seeing the children. When we broke up first time, I found out he had been involved with neighbours daughter (with neighbours encouragement) while we were together. After about 3 months me n ex started being friendly again n neighbour didnt like this so on kids visits to gparents if she was in garden she would b scowling at children n sometimes make comments over the fence. Obviously this made me n children upset when I found out. However this time the breakup iS because of her daughter as she n my ex had been in contact whilst we were together so my fear is that it will b worse this time as our older son n will say something to her if she says or scowls at them n it will then cause a fight ithout me being there. I know grandparents wil not say anything back n as for ex he created the situation. My question is can I legally prevent my ex taking children particularly youngest to his parents. I know two oldest have a choice but dont want my youngest witnessing anything like this. I have asked n pleaded with ex to take children somewhere else with grandparents but he knows this is causing me a great amount of stress. Ex says he has no injunctions against so can come n take kids whenever and wherever, is he correct? Thank you

I am afraid that as your ex has Parental Responsibility for the child and his parents pose no risk whatsoever there is no basis on which a court would support your wish to limit your ex's freedom to take them there.
All you can do is say clearly why you are concerned and then leave them to it - and if there is a problem then you can simply point out that he was warned
I know that this is not what you wished to hear but it is the position that you are in - you can read more about such matters here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/#
If you need any further details please ask
Claire