Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

HiI have moved out of my marital home due to my adultery.

Customer Question

I have moved out of my marital home due to my adultery. It all came out after my husband had been drinking and he got violent towards me, and I felt I had not choice but to leave. This was a month ago. My children are 19 and 17 and are still living in the house with their Dad. My salary pays the mortgage and all the household bills. I have tried to keep it on friendly terms, and he has up until I confirmed I would not be going back. He will now not let me into the house to collect my belongings, says I have no rights to the house and have no right to go in without his permission as I was the one that has left. Is this correct? He has also said he wants 50% of my pensions. Is he entitles to this and is it 50% of what they are worth now, with no future claim, or 50% of them forever? Thanks
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there
How much do you each earn and what pensions do you each have?
Claire