Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

spousal maitaince

Customer Question

can you get out of spousal maintaince mine is until I retire no age has been stated

My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the order made and what has changed since then?
Claire
maintainace was awarded to my wife until I retire as she is 60 and little chance of getting a job and am 55 at what age can I retire no mention on order when I can or cant retire

It is better to keep everything on one thread - and cheaper
When was the Order made
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the order was made in april this year am finding that my health is not as good and was treated for prosate cancer 2 years ago which am having regular infections which makes me very tried so my income is suffering and have had to take time of work as am self employed I don't get sick pay . if am working I can make payments but finding am dipping in to my savings when of work can I get relief if am sick as not earning

What is the wording of the order - and when could you retire?
Claire