13262538

Hi Claire, me again! I wrote a letter to my (ex) husband

Customer Question

Hi Claire, me again!

I wrote a letter to my (ex) husband explaining that I want to review the visitation agreement and for us to go to mediation or I will apply for a defined court order, I gave him 7 days, and he is point blank refusing to co-operate and tell me who his solicitor is, but he says getting a copy of our separation agreement will cost him £150 so he isn't prepared to get one.

He is also refusing to give me a copy of a document we signed regarding the kids at the time of our separation even though I asked in the letter I sent him that I will require this information. Basically he is folding his arms and doing nothing.

What do I do now?!!

Thanks, Rebecca.

Here is the letter content...

Dear XXXXX

In light of the on-going issues and recent problems that have surfaced regarding our children, I am writing to inform you that I no longer agree to the current visitation agreement and will be seeking a change to the arrangements that were set out in our separation agreement regarding our two children William and Molly. Six years have now passed and with changes in circumstances, I feel the current arrangement is neither realistic nor suitable anymore.

I propose that we attend mediation as soon as possible to discuss a new arrangement. I therefor request a copy of the separation agreement we both signed within 7 days of the date on this letter along with signed and written confirmation that you will attend mediation to discuss a new arrangement.

If I do not hear from you by the 29th September 2013 I will take it that you do not wish to attend mediation and are unwilling to co-operate, or if you do not agree to attend mediation with me regarding this I will pursue the matter by submitting a request for a defined contact order from the courts.
I think asking for the copy of the agreement was a mistake but never mind.
Instead find a local Mediator and organise an intake meeting.
If he will not attend then that is his problem not yours.
If he does not then simply apply to the court on a Form C100 available here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms/C100.pdf
For a Residence and defined Contact Order
The fee is £215 and more information is available here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Claire