Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter lives 5 miles away from me her mother wants me

Customer Question

My daughter lives 5 miles away from me her mother wants me to have once or twice in the evening during the week and take her to school in the morning. But my daughter's school is 10-15 mins from where she lives. I think it is pointless as my daughter lives so close but her mother wants me to do this. Do i have do this as a father??
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes but want an answers soon!!

Maybe didn't explain myself right.

Me and ex -wife have been together for 15 years but married for five and divorced two years ago.

So that there would no be too much disruption in our daughter's life i said i will take our daughter to school in the morning even though i had to drive had to drive 10-15 miles every morning to get there.

My ex-wife & daughter have move to Chingford where she is 10-15 mins from her new secondary schoool and i have moved 5 miles away in Enfield. Now my ex wife wants me to take our daughter 1/2 evenings a week and take her to school in in the mornings. the question is do i have to do this as my daughter is 10-15 mins away from her school??

Please answer as soon as you can as i need to know where i stand.

Ron

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your daughter - and to check I understand - you have been asked to have her overnight twice a week but you do not wish to do so?
Claire