13262538

One father has parental responsibility and comes from Bangladesh,

Customer Question

One father has parental responsibility and comes from Bangladesh, his wife remains in Bangladesh. He assaults his 11 year old son the child is put in foster care and Dad is going to court for assault against a child. Dad has refused to sign the child's passport to renew. Can this child go to stay with moms sister in England to live if Dad refuses to sign passport and refuses to give consent for the child to live with his paternal aunt?
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which country is the child in at the moment?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
England UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
England uk
Are Social Services willing to place the child with his Aunt?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The father does not feel the aunt is good enough Muslim to have the child, aunt and uncle have passed all the required assessments to house the child, but social services are concerned that father refuses to sign passport for the boy to re new it. They would be happy to house the child with the Aunt also the child wants to go to the aunt.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also mum (still in Bangladesh) is happy for son to stay with her sister, but can not sign for passport? As son came on Dads passport. Son has been in foster care for nearly one year - everyone wants this child to be settled but not sure legal ramifications having to respect fathers PR, having said that Dad has been informed he must not have any contact with son.
Hi Mary
At this stage have formal Care Proceedings actually been issued or is this all being dealt with on a Voluntary basis?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for delay, no care proceedings have begun. Child in foster care.
Then that is the answer - the matter can be dealt with by way of the council issuing formal Care proceedings which will give the Court the right to make the decision as to where the child will be placed
I hope that this is of assistance
Claire