Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi I am 14 months separated from my husband, my 18 year old

Customer Question

Hi I am 14 months separated from my husband, my 18 year old son who's in full time college lives with my husband and I have a 7 year old daughter who lives with me. My husband informs me that he does not have to pay me maintenance as we both have a child at home with each of us, however I only earn £6234 per year and my husband earns between 29,000-35,000 a year. I would like to know what rights I have if any?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
Your husband is incorrect.
You need to pay him maintenance - at 15% of 85% of your net income - and he needs to pay you 15% of 85% of his.
So yes he does have to pay you the balance - and if he is not willing to discuss this then you will have to apply to the CSA for assessments
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.