13262538

I am divorced, my ex wife and 3 Children occupy the former

Customer Question

I am divorced, my ex wife and 3 Children occupy the former marital home. The youngest child was born 16/02/1996.
There is a mesher order 60/40(me) for when our youngest child is 18 or completes full time secondary education.
I am told by my son that our youngest is at college but I have been unable to get further information.
I believe that my ex's brother has history of mortgage and property fraud.
1. How do I find out if youngest child is attending full time secondary education?
2. What is the best way to avoid skulduggery regarding the final settlement?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you still paying maintenance for the youngest?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Via the CSA however they have decided that my income is so low that my contribution is zero.

Malcolm

Have the CSA said that the case is no longer open?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare

No, the case will be open untill Sarah's 19th Birthday 16/02/2015.

Regard

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm
When did you last contact them (this is important as it may tell us if your ex is still in receipt of child benefit)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare

I went to a tribunal 26/9/13. My ex failed to attend. It was a complaint regarding the level (zero) of maintenance due to my level of income since I retired in January.

At the tribunal was it confirmed that she was still eligible for CSA payments?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes she is still eligible for CSA payments.

Malcolm

The only way this could be the case is if your youngest was still in full time (more than 12 hours a week) secondary education as that is the only basis on which Child Benefit would still be paid and thus you would still technically be liable to a CSA assessment.
I also have to give you bad news and say that under new rules this continues now until her 20th birthday (if she stays in secondary education)
So it will be sensible to contact the CSA next September and they can then confirm if there is still an assessment in place.
If they say no you are entitled to assume that she is no longer in Secondary education and as k for three Valuations to start the process of realising your charge
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information