Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS A S A GREAT GRANDMOTHER AND MY DAUGHTER

Customer Question

WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS A S A GREAT GRANDMOTHER AND MY DAUGHTER AS GRANDMOTHER TO SEE OUR GRANDAUGHTER,HER MOTHER IS VERY YOUNG AND MY GRANDSON DOES NOT GET ANY SAY IN THE MATTER
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.
As a general rule, in England the relevant laws do not focus on the rights of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc, but instead on the rights of the child. One of the rights that a child has is to a good relationship with his or her family, where possible.

Turning specifically to your situation, I need to ask some more questions:

1. How old is your grandson and his partner/wife?

2. How old is their daughter?

3. Are they still living together? If not, when did they separate?

4. If they are not living together, when does the father (your grandson?) have care of the daughter?

I see that you have not yet responded to my request for further information. I would still be happy to help if you would like (and you have paid a deposit after all).