Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hello, I am a single mom with a 16 month old child and need

Customer Question

Hello, I am a single mom with a 16 month old child and need to understand how to officially confirm custody and set up child maintenance payments from the father.
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be able to help you with your questions, but first I need a bit more information:

1. Do you have agreement over the father's contact with your child?
2. Do you have agreement as to the amount of maintenance?
3. How much does the father earn (after tax) - roughly is fine.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mac,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I have been trying to establish a regular schedule for the father's contact, but it has been very ad hoc since our separation in June. I am happy for him to have contact with my child and try to accommodate the father as much as possible, but have also been requesting we sort out a more standardized pattern, and this has not yet happened.

2. Theoretically, yes, we initially agreed to £600/month. This figure was based on two factor - the the child maintenance online calculator, in which entries were based on what he would clear after taxes and pension contributions, etc. in the UK). Regardless, no funds have been received to date (again, since separation in June 2013).

3. Father is a commercial pilot who contracts exclusively for Ryanair. As his official status is ''roaming'', he is based across various places in UK and Europe. He has his salary paid into an account in Cyprus to avoid UK taxes. He averages between £9000-£12000 per month, depending on number of hours flown.

Was your calculation of maintenance just based on the 'UK' income? It seems lower than I would have expected.

Is the agreement you have reached so far in relation to your child in writing (including emails) or in discussions?