13262538

my husband and I have been together just over a year and for

Customer Question

my husband and I have been together just over a year and for the past 3 months he has fell in love with another woman, he cant have her she is happy in her marriage, but he wants to leave me, I will not be able to pay for the house we rent together as its 550 a month, I only work 30 hrs a week and until I can get another job I will not be able to pay for where I live, he said he is going to clear out the bank account and take the cars and go, how do I stand finacially
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much do you each earn and how much is in the bank account?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I only earn £800 a month, he earns £2500. theres nothing in the bank as he has just told me he has emptied it and is coming home tonight to take all his clothes, we have tried to patch things up but because I wont forgive him straight away he said there no point in trying

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there is no money left in the account he has just cleared it out, he says he is coming home tonight to collect his stuff and go I only earn £800 a month he earns £2500. I will lose where I live if I can not pay the rent and its £500 a month

have you looked at the benefits that you can claim - and how long have you been married?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

didn't know I was entitled to any benefits apart from working tax credit and that would only be £65 a month which would not cover the cost I am paying for my rent alone, we have been married a year, (married 3 October 2012) I do not want to proceed with a divorce as I couldn't afford one and we would have to be separated for 2 yrs anyway

How many bedrooms are there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou I had a great reply from another person

I am glad you have had a good answer to the question about spouse maintenance.
However you need to be aware that in fact you can issue divorce proceedings immediately based on your husbands unreasonable behaviour and you may well be eligible to have the court fee waived due to your low income.
In addition assuming that your property has only one bedroom you may be entitled to housing benefit
You can check your benefit entitlement here
www.entitledto.co.uk
Is hope that this is also of assistance