13262538

My child was placed on a care order. In court it was said the

Customer Question

My child was placed on a care order. In court it was said the local authority would share parental responsibility with me and my partner. Our child was returned to our care on the court order. Our child is still on the care order but me and my partner have seperated. Because i work without the child support agancy getting involved i would pay my ex partner x amount of money for our child upkeep. Is the local authority Being as they share responsabilty have to do the same as me ?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
No I am afraid that the Local Authority have no financial responsibility to pay maintenance - only biological or adoptive or step parents do
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details