Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have finally told my partner of 11 years i no longer have

Customer Question

I have finally told my partner of 11 years i no longer have feelings for him & want him to leave. We have two children aged 7 & 8 who he wants custody of. I also want the children to live with me and for my address to be their residential address. He wants me to give him his half of the house value so he can move out. The mortgage was put into joint name in 2004 after being in my name for the previous 8. I do have a history of having a drink problem but am now 12 month sober. Where do I stand legally in both the childrens homing and what money is he entitled too?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Who has the day to day care of the children at the moment