13262538

I live with a man who is currently going through a divorce.

Customer Question

I live with a man who is currently going through a divorce. He and his wife have been separated for just under 2 years and have one child together, aged 12. We have been living together in rented accomodation for 10 months. His child lives with us 1 night per week and every other weekend. In the divorce proceedings, his wife has requested full financial disclosure from him which is fine but has also requested full disclosure of my assets. Can she do this? Do I have to provide? What are my rights?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Are you referring to the standard Form E
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't actually know as I am not familiar with the process but I would think so?

These are standard questions and you do not have to answer them
However it is to your partners advantage if he actually provides details of your gross income and capital assets - no evidence needed - just the figures - so that he can show that he is not supporting you nor giving you family assets
It also helps him show what his capital needs are
If she asks for more detailed information - THAT should be refused
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details