13262538

I have intiated proceedings for a divorce. I have obtained

Customer Question

I have intiated proceedings for a divorce. I have obtained a decree Nisi on 23/10/2013. We are agreed that we will apply for a consent order for a clean break. we have agreed the amount and there are no children under the age of 18. Do I have to have a solicitor draft the agreement or can I simply apply to the court via the forms provided
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
Someone will have to draft the Clean Break Order - there is no standard form for this.
You can download them from the Internet - but if you wish to be Certain that it does what you wish it to do it would be worth paying £150 or so to get a solicitor to do it for you.
You can then deal with sending it to court yourself
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further assistance
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can the same solicitor act for both parties in drafting this agreement?

No - one of you will have to instruct the solicitor to draft it.
However since they are only actually preparing the document for you this should not be a problem