Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Is a long story but approximately 7 years ago I had a bad patch

Customer Question

Is a long story but approximately 7 years ago I had a bad patch and my mother was given residency of my 2 children. They stayed with her for 2 weeks and then she agreed they could come back to me which they did. All has been fine since. I recently booked a holiday to Gran Canaria for the half term but booked the wrong dates. I cleared it with the schools and got unauthourised absence but explained the situation and they were fine. My mother's husband came round on Wednesday of last week to say he was taking my kids to school. Fine I thought, saves my petrol. He then called up to say under the residency order I am not allowed to take the kids out of the country which is factually correct. However, For the past 5 years I have taken them to Spain every year and myself and my son have just got back form Cape Verde where my partner has a fishing charter business and they did not have a problem with that. I need to know how to take them to court to get the residency order reversed as my kids need to be home and are being affected.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and why has this suddenly happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

11 and 10. I keep trying to send a message but it does not seem to get through. Can you let me know if you are getting my messages

I have only received details of the ages
Why have you parents suddenly taken this approach?