Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My step daughter has 3 children ages from 3 to 6 years, her

Customer Question

My step daughter has 3 children ages from 3 to 6 years, her partner and the childerns father have seperated but he has not paid anything for the children since leaving the family home, what should my step daughter be doing?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I will be able to help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- were they married?
- this sounds like a stupid question, but I need to check, is her partner and the children's father the same person?

- if they own the family home, whose name is it in and what is the value (and any mortgage)?
- what is the total value of the other assets they hold (a total value rather than individual values is fine)?

- what is the father's income (after tax)? If she knows.
- what is her income (after tax)?

Sorry to ask for so much information, but I want to give you a full answer.

I would really like to help you but, in order to do so, I need at least some of the further information I have asked for. I am confident that I could increase your knowledge of your options in this difficult situation.

If you would still like some help with your question, then please just give me a little more detail on the areas that I have asked about.

Kind regards,
Mac.