Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I have been living apart for over two years

Customer Question

My husband and I have been living apart for over two years and he has been paying me monthly maintenance by mutual agreement. He wants to reduce the amount which at the moment brings my income to about 24% of his with the maintenance. If I took him to court what percentage of his income could I expect to be awarded? Currently I earn about 4% of his income without the maintenance .

Additional info - we have 2 children in further education who stay with me most holidays. My husband lives in Kenya and also stays at my home at times.  I am 58 and he is 54 yrs old.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What income do you each have and are divorce proceedings being considered?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My husbands income including tax free salary, pension and income from property rental is roughly £15000 to £16000 per calendar month.

My salary from self employment and holiday cottage income is roughly £900 per calendar month

We are trying to avoid divorce as we jointly own 5 properties in two countries and we still meet regularly as a family on reasonably amicable terms.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare, just checking we are still in communication and you received my reply to your questions? I want to go for lunch soon so wanted to check your timing, thanks.

Cathy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I am not sure what is going on - I have replied twice to you in the last 2 hours and not got a response so I am about to request a refund - apologies if you did not receive my answers but I do not know how else to connect with you. Please reply immediately if you get this and you are still working on my answer, thank you. Regards, Cathy