Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

How do my husband and I become a legal guardian to our six

Customer Question

How do my husband and I become a legal guardian to our six year old grandson. His mum and Dad are not together, but are both agreed this is the best option for all concerned.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has the child lived with you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

our grandson is not with us at present. He has lived with us on and off for approx half of his life. My daughter has a 4 week old baby and is not with the father and lives with the two children a long way from us, My grandson has just been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and my daughter finds it impossible to cope because she has had her own health problems.

Is there any reason why he cannot just come and live with you for now?