Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi there - I am separating from my husband and he wont put

Customer Question

Hi there - I am separating from my husband and he won`t put our house on the market until at least feb next year - there was a violent incident around 2 months ago which meant that it was impossible for me to say in the house - so I have been living out of bags and at peoples houses - now I know I must rent somewhere to live as living like this is soul destroying - could you please tell me as my rent will be high - if I have to pay anything towards our joint house hold bills as well
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?Are there any children involved and what other assets and debts are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The House is worth around 1.2 - 1.4 million - outstanding mortgage is around 300.000 - there are 2 children - we have a flat in Thailand which has a small mortgage and my husband has a flat here in the UK - in his name only - small mortgage on that too.

Michele

How old are the children and have you started the divorce proceedings?