Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have to attend county court as I failed to pay part of an

Customer Question

I have to attend county court as I failed to pay part of an outstanding bill to a solicitors. I had paid £35000 but there still is £9000 outstanding which I do not believe I should pay. What will happen as I do not have the outstanding amount

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Why do you feel you should not pay the outstanding amount please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

The work carried out was for financial settlement for a divorce. In the last days coming up to the court date we settled. When agreeing the settlement I continually asked if I settled would I not have to pay the barristers fees to which I was told no. I was then charged for these. The agreement then broke down on what age the maintenance should stop for the children. I was then charged for a further 6 months of work and then found out at court the only thing that was in contention was the age of maintenance for the children, at not point was I informed of this so all negotiations that had been going on were futile. I also could not get hold of my solicitor for over 2 months apparently never there and eventually when I did she responded that I must feel she had abandoned me which is exactly how I felt

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

I'm sorry. I meant to explain and it didn't upload.

This isn't really my area I'm afraid so I'll pass this onto others to help