13262538

MY PARTNERS FIRST WIFE IS SEEKING MAINTENANCE NOW FOR THEIR

Customer Question

MY PARTNERS FIRST WIFE IS SEEKING MAINTENANCE NOW FOR THEIR 16 YEAR DAUGHTER. HE PAYS MAINTENANCE TO HIS SECOND WIFE FOR £250 A MONTH, PLUS HE HAS MY TWO CHILDREN AND ONE CHILD FROM HIS FIRST MARRIAGE THAT LIVES WITH HIM. WOULD WE HAVE TO PAY MAINTENANCE? THANK YOU FAITH
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is the 16 year old still in education for more than 12 hours a week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes she is and so is her brother who has lived with his dad since splitting from his first wife.

Then yes I am afraid that your partner will indeed have to pay maintenance - and of course he can claim maintenance form his sons mother
How much he has to pay depends on how many children he has with his second wife but he can use the CSA calculator to assess what it will be
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details