Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Ive been in a relationship for the past 10 years which has

Customer Question

I've been in a relationship for the past 10 years which has sadly come to an end. we are not married and have two children together. I have been working part time as I am disabled and do all the childcare and take care of the home. My partner is the main earner. the house is in her name. What rights do I have if any as It is me that shall be leaving the family home.
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I will be able to help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- how old are the children?
- what is the value of the house (and any mortgage)?
- in whose name(s) is the house (and was there any agreement about ownership when it was bought)?
- what is the total value of the other assets you and he hold (a total value rather than individual values is fine)?
- what is his income (after tax)?
- what is your income (after tax)?
- do either of you have any pensions?

Sorry to ask for so much information, but I want to give you a full answer.

I would really like to help you but, in order to do so, I need at least some of the further information I have asked for. I am confident that I could increase your knowledge of your options in this difficult situation.

If you would still like some help with your question, then please just give me a little more detail on the areas that I have asked about.

Kind regards,
Mac.