Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I an trying to find out if this mortgage review company called

Customer Question

I an trying to find out if this mortgage review company called CCS Review based at The Exchange Building, Adelaide Street, Swansea SA1 1SH is a scam to rip people off
Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question, I will assist you with this matter.

I have researched this company and can inform you that this is a claims management company regulated by the Ministry for Justice. This does not necessary preclude scam companies, however the fact they are still on the register (and not all over the internet as scammers) should give you some peace of mind.

The company is registered with the MOJ as Claim Credit Services Limited and uses several Trading Names: CCS Advice, Claim Credit Services, Money Reclaim, The Mortgage Alarm, CCS Review. Their Authorisation Number is CRM14826.

I would suggest, given that you say you have tried the telephone and email to no avail, that you perhaps send a letter advising that you have tried all alternate methods of contact and expect an update immediately.

Advise them that if they don't respond with a full update, you expect a reimbursement of your fees and you will make a formal complaint to the MOJ (http://www.justice.gov.uk/claims-regulation/information-for-consumers/how-to-complain).

I have not seen the terms and conditions of this company, but I am surprised that they have charged you such a high fee. Indeed this is something that could have been done free had you have contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I hope this assist you and if you have any further questions please ask.
Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael

Was there anything further I can help you with? If not, please don't forget to rate my answer.

If there is something please ask.