13262538

my husband living with a new partner, we are going through

Customer Question

my husband living with a new partner, we are going through a divorce.. my husband new partner, her husband died in a ski ing accident. he is an ex police officer. she is claiming his pension. is she entitled to this . now she living with my husband ..
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
That depends on the provisions of the pension fund itself.
It is fair to say that most funds these days do NOT penalise a widow/widower for having a new relationship
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was wondering because , he wont have his mail delivered there, even thou hes been living there a year.

That is suggestive - but not conclusive!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have found out , my ex is paying towards his new partner blls ... Dos that mean I can go after 20 per cent of there joint income ???

No there is no circumstance under which you have a claim on her income
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has the law changed on this ? because a few months ago , i was speaking to a solicitor , who told me if my husband was contributing to household bills , then could go after 20 per cent of there joint income ... because helping to support her x

I am sorry but you may have misunderstood what you were told.
Certainly in England and Wales there is no claim that you can make on HER income.
If there is a large gap between your income and his then you have a claim for Spouse maintenance - but only in respect of HIS income - not hers