Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi could you please help I have Lasting Power of attorney Health

Customer Question

Hi could you please help I have Lasting Power of attorney Health and welfare for my father
who has Alzimers his wife has vascular dementia and also c.o.p.d social services are saying that his wife needs to go in a home and he will have to go with her
we the family want to keep dad at home and look after him can they force us to put him in a home.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What arrangements will you make for his care?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I will move in with him to look after him.

Why are Social Services opposed to that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are saying that as they are married it is best to keep them together but if you ask my father he is very adament that he dosnt want to go in a care home he cant see that his wife has a problem but we are constantley trying to keep her safe as she tends to wonder and strugles to breath just walking a few yards we would like to keep her at home but we need
more help

Does your father understand that his wife WILL go into a home?