How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

A single mother of twin girls aged 8 was found dead in her

Customer Question

A single mother of twin girls aged 8 was found dead in her flat. though the father of the twins is around he had little contact with them of late. The grandmother wants to raise the grandchildren on her own whilst allowing contact from the father of the twins. does she need to legalize that she will now be the twins guardian or do they become a ward of the state?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:


- does the father not want to have the twins with him?


- did the mother leave a will specifying a guardian? .


- where are the girls staying at the moment?