Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

A single mother of twin girls aged 8 was found dead in her

Customer Question

A single mother of twin girls aged 8 was found dead in her flat. though the father of the twins is around he had little contact with them of late. The grandmother wants to raise the grandchildren on her own whilst allowing contact from the father of the twins. does she need to legalize that she will now be the twins guardian or do they become a ward of the state?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- does the father not want to have the twins with him?

- did the mother leave a will specifying a guardian? .

- where are the girls staying at the moment?

.