Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

we are about to divorce and the deeds to our house are in my

Customer Question

we are about to divorce and the deeds to our house are in my wifes name, but i have made everymortfage payment sincr we bought it 10yrs ago, my wife wants me out and says im entitled to half, is she right? there are no children involved
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question, but the answer requires more information than simply asking about the house, as it depends on the finances more widely. I would be grateful if you could give me the following extra information.

1. when did you marry?
2. if earlier than the above, when did you start living together?
3. has either of you started divorce proceedings?
4. if so, are there also financial proceedings?
5. what is the value of the house (and any mortgage)?
6. what is the total value of the other assets you and he hold (a total value rather than individual values is fine)?
7. what is your income (after tax)?
9. what is her income (after tax)?
10. do either of you have any pensions?

I'm sorry to ask for so much info, but it's necessary to give you a full answer.

Regards,
Mac.

I wondered whether you would like to give me the information above so that I can help you with your question?

Kind regards,
Mac