James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My son, married for 4yrs with a young daughter, was in a relationship

Customer Question

My son, married for 4yrs with a young daughter, was in a relationship previously with an alcoholic lady with whom he had 4 children, 2 of them autistic. this lady left him in 2008 taking the 4 children. Due to events which took place in 2010 whilst in her care these 4 children were fostered. One of the autistic children then accused my son of sexual abuse, but because the story kept changing it never went beyond an accusation that the police would not proceed with. His wife has now been quizzed about the former partner by her health visitor while at a clinic with her daughter and the HV has now said she needs to look into whether my son should live with his wife and daughter. can my son be forced to leave his wife and daughter because a historical accusation that did not go to court, or will the fact that they are married and the child is from that marriage keep this family together. A very worried grandmother.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child who made the accusation now and when were these events meant to have taken place?