How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34277
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

tenant eviction

Customer Question

my son rents a flat from my mother she died in March and I am executer in August he met a women on line who has a 5 yr old and she moved in with him as she was being evicted for non payment of her rent, she hits my son is very difficult to live with, he pays the majority of the bills he has asked her to leave and she will not go she is not on the tenancy or named on any of the bills how do i go about getting her to move out

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - your son wishes her to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes he is sick of her hitting him she belittles him and is verbally abusive

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
In that case he should give her two months written notice to leave
At the end of that time he can change the locks and pack her belongings for collection
She has no right to stay in the property and no claim on your son since the child is not his.
He MUST keep a copy of the letter
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details