13262538

I have a daughter aged 20 at college, a daughter aged 18 at

Customer Question

I have a daughter aged 20 at college, a daughter aged 18 at college studying a levels and a boy at college ( 3 days) studying for a diploma. All three are currently working part time. I earn Gross £32500 a year when do I stop paying for the girls and how much should i be paying now?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are the younger two in college for more than 12 hours a week?
What type of qualification is the eldest studying for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oldest is 20 years old is studying for a Diploma in Interior design, the other daughter is studying A levels and both the 18 and 17 year olds are at college for 3 days each.

I do not know if it is relevant but all three work on their time off college.

Just to check - there is no existing court order in place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No court order has never been in place. I have continued to pay maintenance since 2008.

If your ex applied to the CSA your payments would be assessed under the new rate and would be 14% of your gross income - \£380 a month - payable until they are 20 or cease Full time (more than 12 hours a week) secondary education
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that based on all three 20 yrs, 18 yrs and 17years or just the younger two?

No it is only based on the younger two as the CSA will not deal with the older child
If you wish to pay voluntarily for the older child as well then it should be 16% of gross income if you follow the CSA guidelines
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I thought if the children were studying anything higher then A levels I did not need to pay maintenance. I have tried to pay my kids direct but their mother is being distructive.

HI
You can indeed pay the eldest direct if you wish - but not the younger two