Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Is there anyway to recover funds sent to the USA in a romance

Customer Question

Is there anyway to recover funds sent to the USA in a romance scam?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Do you know the identity of the person who has received monies please or have they not disclosed the same please?

Customer:

Hi Joshua

Customer:

I really cant understand this you are offline when i try to chat to you

Joshua :

Hello. I am here. Would you like to continue?

Customer:

yes, thank you. i transferred money to a USA bank account and i feel now that this company is a false web site, so is there anyway of recovering the money from a US bank or would I have to be present in the USA?

Customer:

The met police told me to get a DPA wavier form for this country but i cant seem to find the number of the form from local court and they are most unhelpful as I also transferred money into a UK bank here for an individual

Joshua :

Thanks. These were bank transfers rather than car payments - correct?

Customer:

yes straight bank transfers according to what the receipent asked for

Customer:

they were supposed to be for shipping costs

Customer:

for some valuables

Customer:

from a US secret service agent and an US Soldier

Joshua :

Thanks. Do you have their personal contact details or just a company name and address which you suspect to be false. On what basis were the funds and items requested?

Customer:

i seem to be having a problem here seeing your answer on the screen

Joshua :

I can change to question and answer format if you would like? I asked above, do you have their personal contact details or just a company name and address which you suspect to be false. On what basis were the funds and items requested?

Customer:

can we please find a way to increase your area of reply

Customer:

Funds requested by email and yahoo messenger. transport/shipping costs for their valuables, bullion, etc

Joshua :

Thanks - so they promised you gold and/or moneys if you cold pay for transport and so on?

Customer:

i could email you the scenario of one issue, the other issue is ongoing at present and i dont want to distract him yet, so keeping up the pretence, as he doesnt realise i know it is a fake site, I found out on a Scam warning site this firm is fake

Joshua :

By all means...

Customer:

Yes please change to question and answer format

Joshua :

No problem. You have have to leave and return to the thread for it to work at your end...

Customer:

i am awaiting your change of format please

Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
I hope you can read this...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to chat further as unfortunately i was having difficulty seeing the text in the format

Would you like the shippers address and bank account in the USA?

Can you please tell me the form number for the DPA Wavier form in England, as there has been money paid to UK bank account and I need to get the bank persons details for police.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but i dont seem to have got very far with my issue, can you talk further to me please

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in reverting to you. Would you like to continue?

I believe you were kindly going to post a copy of one of the scenarios that were used to convince you to send monies?