13262538

My soon to be ex wife has started divorce proceedings with

My soon to be ex wife has started divorce proceedings with an online company. She's given me some papers to sign that only discuss the arrangements regarding our children. No mention of house etc. How can I check these forms are legal & correct?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
The form you have been sent is the Statement of Arrangements for Children - so you simply need to check that you agree with the answers that have been given.
Financial issues are not dealt with in this paperwork - which is why the house is not mentioned
I hope that this is of assistance, please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Clare, what other paperwork should follow? Regarding pensions, finances, items of value & house ownership etc?
Ed
Such issues do not have to be dealt with in order for a Divorce to be granted.
If you want these issues to be addressed then you need to start by trying to negotiate with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that Clare. I'm continuing to pay the mortgage on the family home as part of our child maintenance arrangement. If my ex has her new partner move in, am I within my rights to charge him rent?

Ed
Not if it part of her child maintenance - and indeed not anyway since she is entitled to have visitors.
However it can be a trigger for insisting on the sale of the property