13262538

Hi,I am bulgarian national and british citizen.Ive got

I am bulgarian national and british citizen.
I've got a daughter now age 9 who lives in Bulgaria.
When I divorsed with my husband/ her dad/ she was 2 years old and then he got the right over her. They both live in Bulgaria, I live in UK. We have been all great with the situation because she is coming to London quite a lot/ like two weeks in October, a month over christams, two weeks in February, two weeks in April and two months in summertime and it's been all like that through the past 7 years/. Since february this year though my daughter age 8 then started crying a lot for me and she wanted to come to live with me in UK. Her father said no. He also said that he will restrict her visits to London.
I guess I have to go to court now.
Do I have a chance to get the rights over my daughter now after 7 years? I've been paying all her travel expenses all through the years and I can prove that I have been looking after her a lot
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Bulgaria, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.

Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer.

Can you tell me in that case may I legally act from UK as I am UK citizen?

Also Bulgaria is part of EU so if you let me know how generally those cases go and do I have any chance of getting my daughter back?

I'm afraid I cannot answer as I am a moderator for the topic, not an expert myself. I have been advised that this is a Bulgaria law topic and I'm very sorry, but we do not have active professionals in that area.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you please read again my question ?
It's nothing regarding bulgaria

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that since the child is living in Bulgaria then the matter will be dealt with in the Bulgarian family Court under Bulgarian family law
I am sorry but whilst you can live in the UK and make the application in Bulgaria all the court cases will be held there and only a Bulgarian Family Lawyer can give you an accurate assessment of your chances of success
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years