13262538

Hi I,m in a middle of a divorce my Decree Nisi has just came

Hi I,m in a middle of a divorce my Decree Nisi has just came through. The Petitioner is divorcing myself and it says i have six weeks and one day for petitioner or myself to apply for Decree absolute. The house has not been sorted yet so can the absolute be completed after house sorted but wont be for about 1 or 2 years yet and would their be extra fee to pay because its more than the 3 months stated? Just to say we have no solisotors due to my ex partner going through himself the Majesty,s Courts service himself.

Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

- what date is the decree nisi?

.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
In fact only the Petitioner can apply for the Decree Nisi after six weeks and one day.
The Respond ant (you) has to wait for a further three months after the first date on which the Petitioner could apply
If you have agreed the financial matters then you can have the Financial Order drawn up and sealed - you do not have to wait for the sale.
If there is no financial agreement then the Petitioner can delay the Absolute until agreement has been reached.
If your ex applies for the Absolute the cost is £45 - if you do it is £95.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years