13262538

I need to sign a power of attorney and my surname is listed

I need to sign a power of attorney and my surname is XXXXX XXXXX a double barrelled name on my passport and on my bank details (a combination of both my maiden surname and my husbands surname). Unfortunately when the power of attorney was set up, it only took my husbands surname. I still sign my normal signature as before I was married with my maiden surname. I've been told I need to go to a notary to change my name from just my Husbands surname to our combined surnames - is this correct and can I sign my normal signature on the power of attorney document?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Sorry - is this an existing Power or a new one - and what will it be used for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Clare

Its a new one - only just set up;It is a financial one

Thanks H

Is it for a specific transaction?
is there ant reason it cannot be changed to use your correct name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

They realise I normally go under the combined name, but they've been quoted about £900 to re- do it which they can ill afford...I don't mind getting my name authorised by a Notary if needs be...I just don't want to do anything illegal...

H

Ah - are you being appointed as and Attorney for someone else?
Are they in the Uk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they are in the UK, and it's for my Step Dad

H

Hi Heidi
In the Uk you can use any name you wish so long as you are not doing so for fraudulent purposes.
As married woman you can use your name - your husbands name - or a combination of both as you do.
There is no need for a change of name deed to be notarised
In this case the easiest option is simply to sign it in the name shown - but if you prefer to use your proper signature you will just need to keep a copy of the Marriage Certificate with the paperwork to prove that you are you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details