Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

could you help me , my son has lived with his comon-law wife

Customer Question

Crycould you help me , my son has lived with his comon-law wife for 20 years , but 3 weeks a go , she asked him to leave , he has come back to my house ,he has to children aswel , but they are with the mother ,the house nwas there own , but it was in her name !! he has put a lot of work in to that house and alot of money over the years to make it a lovely home , does this mean he has no rights to a , or some sort of a pay out , cos he now has nothin , not sure how to go about this at all , but its so upsetting to think thats it !!! after all he is a comon-law Husband ????????? HELP ....

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What financial contribution has your son made to the property?