Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am trapped in a long divorce process for which a final hearing

Customer Question

I am trapped in a long divorce process for which a final hearing is scheduled in January 2014. I cannot afford a lawyer to represent me or prepare for this hearing. May I represent myself? A related question : my ex's solicitor is claiming that debts exceed assets so is seeking to apply to the court to "strike my claim" and cancel the hearing. I know this is untrue but what can I do to prevent this happening?
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
Paul
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What assets and debts are there
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.