13262538

My sister who is in the midst of marital problems, has suffered

My sister who is in the midst of marital problems, has suffered depression and of late was admitted to hospital for perforated ulcer. She wants to come to Canada to recuperate for a few days and her husband has indicated he will not allow her to leave for recuperation. Can he do this? What agencies does my sister have to deal with to make sure she gets proper advice on this matter?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What makes her think she needs her husbands permission at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is working reconciliation, and she is afraid that her husband may issue a specific injunction for her not to travel as he has accused her for "dissapating funds" and she has been suffering "stockholm syndrom". Her husband has told her not to travel until she has signed up a post nup agreement that they are currently working on.

He cannot do this - she is allowed to travel if she wishes and he cannot obtain an Injunction to prevent it
Nor does she have to sign a Post Nuptial Agreement before she leaves
I cannot comment on the reconciliation issue - although I am sure you have your own views
Please ask if you need further details